Monday, April 26, 2010

Restaurant Review - Chutneys


Chutneys- A vegetarians paradise.., Yes., this too is one of my favorite restaurant. But a warning before hand.., better reserve your table if you plan a visit.., or., try peculiar timings.., like 11 in the morning or maybe 4 in the evening.., cause you would end up waiting forever.. And the mouth watering smells throughout the restaurant would make you real hungry., or worse., real angry!! Yeah., i'm telling you all this caused I have experienced it., and i still can't forget the day.., But now., things are different., Seating at a popular restaurant is never a problem when you are buddies with the inside people ;) ;) ;)

So.., I frequent Chutneys very often. I am a regular at all the three (if I am not wrong) outlets in the city. The food is a sheer joy. When at Chutneys, I ONLY try out the South Indian cuisine.., I would never get tired of eating the "Guntur Idly" , the "Steamed Dosa", the Mango Utthappam" and the "Paper Dosa".., there are many more on my list.., but these are my absolute favorites.., No no, wait a minute. All the above mentioned are nothing compared to the "Sambar" served out here.., I can drink n-number of buckets of the very yummy and very 'thick" sambar.., Its to die for.., Really.., :D.., and believe it not not, there is a dosa which is called Chiranjeevi Dosa(named after the telugu actor) :D :D :D So I would love to recommend this restaurant of all my buddies.. :D i know most of them would have checked it out.., but I was rather hoping that all of you would.., should you get a chance.., after all a vegetarian meal is purely a guilt free meal ;)

Chutneys serve North Indian and Chinese cuisine too.., but I have always stuck to South Indian whenever I've been there., And haaa, there is or rather there was A Buffet Chutneys which has unfortunately shut down for renovation., And as I said earlier Chutneys is located at 3 Prime areas in Hyderabad. One at Punjagutta, one at Himayatnagar and the third one at Jubilee Hills.

A meal for two can cost anywhere between 500-600 rupees
The buffet costs (used to cost) around 175 rupees plus taxes
And I would definitely keep visiting for the yummy Sambar and the hot Guntur idly served with loads of ghee and about 5 different CHUTNEYS.. :D

My Ratings For Chutneys

And on a rating of 5..,

Food : ♥♥♥♥♥
Ambience : ♥♥♥♥
Service : ♥♥♥♥
Value For Money: ♥♥♥

No comments:

Search This Blog