Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Paneer Dosa


I know I know.., these are real pathetic snaps of something that is sooo delicious. But I couldn't help it.., I didn't even have the time to serve them out properly.., leave aside taking a decent snap.., By the time i made one Dosa.., the previous one was long gone.., :D Well these are the paneer dosa.., and no., I didn't take all the trouble of making the Paneer stuffing for the Dosas., i just used the left over Paneer Butter Masala to make these yummy Dosas.. Yeah.., its fun what you can do with leftovers.., When I was a child I was told that "Annam Parabrahma Swaroopam".., in simple words., that " Food is GOD "., we were never allowed to waste food., in any form.., leave aside throwing it.., We were not even allowed to ignore food ( No tantrum throwing/fussing over food) as it was considered, ignoring the God Almighty.., So whenever there were leftovers., Amma used to think up some lovely ideas so that the food wouldn't go waste.., I, am merely following tradition.. :D :D :D So., the recipe of these Paneer Dosas goes this way.. :)

Paneer Dosa

Makes: 12 Dosas
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes

Ingredients:



Method:

Soak both rice and separately, wash well with plenty of water. Grind Dal to a very fine paste. Grind rice till fine grains are left (like very fine semolina). Mix both rice and dal together after grinding. Add soda bi-carb and salt and beat well. Add a little water if necessary. The batter should be fairly thick. Cover and keep aside for 7-8 hours, undisturbed. (preferably in a warm place). Add more water if required. The consistency of the batter should be thick enough to thickly coat on a spoon when dipped. Heat the iron griddle or non-stick tawa well. Pour a spoonful of batter in the centre, spread with the back of the spoon to a thin round. Pour a tsp. of ghee or oil over it. Add the stuffing to the center of the Dosa. Remove with spatula when crisp. Serve hot with Coconut chutney and Sambar. :D


2 comments:

Karen said...

My son loves dosa, and you make it sound so easy, I'm going to try this!

You can try what I've started doing for photos when I'm busy and people are hungry; I make an extra plate to photograph. Once everyone has gotten to sit down and eat, then I can take the picture without hurrying.

Pranita Raj said...

Karen that was such a good idea of setting an extra plate for the snaps.., :D thank you so much..

Search This Blog