Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Rajma Capsicum - Kidney Beans and Green Peppers


I love "RAJMA".., there are 3 reasons for it.., One., I love all kind of legumes.., and Amma made it a compulsion for us to have any one kind of Legume everyday.. Not that it was forced upon us.., "We" as in my Bro and me were rather fond of these colorful and nutritive (which amma described them) beans in different shapes and sizes.. :D Reason number two for liking Rajma.., is that my husband also lovessss Rajma ( one, among the many similar tastes which we both share).., and thirdly I love RAJMA cause the name itself suggest Two of my most favorite people in the World.. Raj., my Hubby and My Ma.. :D and I keep trying out different types of Rajma at home.., Its a wonder that I'm posting a recipe about RAJMA so late into my blog.., anyways.., Here is the recipe.., Hope you like reading it as much I like cooking it.. (Clichéd, but sounds good nevertheless) :D :D :D

Rajma Capsicum:

Serves: 2
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes

Ingredients:
  • 1 Onion, finely chopped
  • 2 Green capsicum, chopped into 1/4 inch cubes
  • 1 Tomato, pureed
  • 1 cup Red or White Rajma- Soaked overnight and Boiled ( usually you use the red Rajma., but I used white one here., simply because i was out of Red Rajma) :)
  • 2 tsp Chilli powder
  • 1 Tsp Ginger Garlic paste
  • 1/2 tsp Garam masala
  • 1/4 tsp each of Mustard and Cumin seeds
  • Salt to taste
  • 2 tsp oil
Method:

Heat oil in a pan, add the Mustard Seeds and the Cumin Seeds. Let them splutter. To this, add the chopped Onions, the Ginger garlic paste and the Tomato puree .Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add the chopped Capsicum and cook for 3 more minutes. Now, add the boiled Rajma, Salt, Chilli powder and the Garam masala powder. Cook for 3 more minutes. Transfer the contents to a serving dish. Serve hot with Steamed Rice. (yummy combination)

No comments:

Search This Blog