Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Groundnut Curry - Mom's style


For the whole last week., I was left stranded.., without my camera and laptop.., Hence, there were no new posts.. Even as I write today., I wonder how soon would I be able to write my next post., only maybe because of the fact that my lonnng break is gonna come to an end soon.. Yeah I maybe getting back to work again.. Funnily, I have mixed feelings about this whole thing.., Yeah it has almost been 6-7 months that I went without working., so I really have butterflies in my stomach.., Yet., I do soo badly want to get out there and do something worthwhile rather than just whiling away pointless.. Will keep you posted about the latest developments.. :)

Now., Getting straight to the point.., the recipe which I am going to share today, is the one which own a prize at a local cooking contest :) This is my mom's recipe. Do try it out. It is supposedly very nutritious. :)

Groundnut/ Phalli Curry

Serves: 4
Cooking Time: Half an hour

Ingredients:
  • 4-5 Onions, finely chopped
  • 200 gms of Groundnut
  • 50 gms of Sesame Seeds
  • 4 Green Chillies, slit
  • 1 tbsp Ginger and Garlic paste
  • 1/4 tbsp Garam Masala pwd (traditional Indian spice made of Cinnamon, Cloves, Cardimom, Fenugreek and other selected spices)
  • 1/2 tsp Coriander pwd
  • 5-6 Curry leaves
  • A pinch pf Turmeric pwd
  • Salt and red Chilly pwd as per taste
  • 3 tbsp Oil for cooking
  • Coriander Leaves for Garnishing
  • Tomatoes, Beetroot, Lemon wedges and Black Olives for garnishing.
Method:

Dry roast the groundnuts and sesame seeds till golden brown. Separate the skin of the groundnuts. Grind the nuts and the sesame seeds into a coarse pwd ( do not make it into a fine paste ). To the wok, add the oil and let it heat a while. Later, add the curry leaves, the chopped onions and the slit green chillies. Let them fry till the onions start turning transparent. Now, add the ginger garlic paste, turmeric pwd, coriander pwd, garam masala, chilly pwd and salt. Mix well. Let them fry till the raw smell of the ginger garlic paste evaporates completely. Add in the groundnut-sesame mixture and mix well till the entire powder gets coated with the masala mixture. Simmer for about 2 minutes and then transfer the contents into a serving bowl. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves. Serve hot as an accompaniment of Rice.


Cooking Tip: Always keep tasting the dishes when cooking.

For now,
Byeeeeees.

No comments:

Search This Blog