Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Dondakaya Vepudu / Gherkins Fry


The easiest of all the dishes made till now.. Simple curry, simple ingredients and a perfect side dish. I used to hate Gherkins as a kid as I somehow, somewhere heard that I Gherkins slows makes the mind go numb.. And I was scared of all my wits.. It was only after many a lectures that I began to et these Gherkins or Dondakaya as we call them. Over the years, I have grown rather fond of these little green friends of mine. Here is a simple and very easy way of making Dondakaya Vepudu - Gherkins Fry.

Dondakaya Vepudu/ Gherkins Fry:

Serves: 2
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes

Ingredients:
  • 250 gms Dondakaya/ Gherkins, cut into pieces
  • Oil For deep frying
  • Salt and Chilly Pwd to taste
  • 1/2 tsp each of Cumin pwd and Raw Mango/Amchur pwd
Method:

Heat the oil in a pan. Add the cut Gherkins and deep fry till they are light brown in color. Simmer and fry for another 5 minutes. Strain and transfer onto a tissue paper to remove the excess oil. Transfer to a bowl. Add the salt and chilly powder. Give it a quick stir. Finally, sprinkle the cumin and raw mango pwd. Serve hot with rice. :D :D :D

No comments:

Search This Blog