Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mooli Ke Paranthe



Well i am on a strict, self imposed diet nowadays.., I definitely seem to be putting on a lot of weight :O.., and then I don't workout enough.., i get very very lazy when it comes to burning a few calories.., my husband though.., is a fitness freak.., He eats up all the junk he can., and later burns of every single calorie.., How I wish I could be like him???

The recipe which I am going to share now.., should be ideally served with dollops of butter.., yummm.., but then I would suggest at least 40 minutes on the treadmill to get rid of the calories which you would have put on by eating 3 of these paranthas.., But., I'd say., they are definitely worth all the hard work.. :)

Mooli Ke Paranthe:

Serves: 2
Preparation Time: Half an hour

Ingredients:

For the Stuffing:
  • 3 Mooli (Radish) finely grated and tightly squeezed so that all the water is drained,
  • 3 Green chillies, chopped finely
  • 1 Onion , finely chopped
  • 1 bunch of fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
  • Salt and Chilly pwd as per taste
  • 1/2 tsp each of Roasted Cumin pwd, Coriander pwd and Chat masala
  • Juice Of half a Lemon (optional)
For The Dough:
  • Wheat Flour, 2 cups ( to make 6 paranthas)
  • Salt to taste
  • Water as needed
  • 1/2 tsp of oil
  • Butter for frying
Method:

Sieve the wheat flour and salt. Add water and knead to stiff dough. Add the oil to make it a bit moist. Cover and keep aside. Now people., this is very important., Different people like their paranthas differently. My mom makes her paranthas differently while I make them differently. My mom dry roasts the grated radish along with the spices and stuffs the mixture into the paranthas. I choose to make them differently. I choose raw stuffing. Here's how..

In a bowl, take the grated radish. To this add the chopped onions, green chillies, coriander leaves and all the above mentioned spices. Season with salt. Add in the lime juice if you want your paranthas to be extra tangy.. I do.., Do keep tasting just to make sure that all the spices are in the right measurement and according to you taste..

Now take some dough and roll it out into a small puri. Put 2tsp of stuffing and cover all the sides. Roll again into a thick, round parantha. Heat a tava and fry the mooli ka paratha both sides to crispy and brown. Butter the parantha on both the sides. You can be generous with the amount of butter you apply.. :D

Serve hot with Raita and mango pickle/Aam ka achaar (yummy).., You can serve these paranthas with Ketchup too.., The kids would love them that way... :)

Variation: You can choose to add the greens of one or two spring onions. I have tried it and it loved it as it enhances the flavor a bit more.. :)

Happy Cooking!!!

Till next time..,

Byeeeeees.. :)

1 comment:

Rohini said...

Now here comes another way to making Mooli Paratha.. The ones I have heard is just adding them directly to the dough.. Gotta try this one.. Though I make Parathas often, I never made this one.. Will try soon :)

Search This Blog