Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Rice Pongal


Phew!!!!!!!! Its been ages since I've blogged..Feels good to be back., Before I share all the juicy bits of NEWS from my end., I want to ask the world how its been?? :) Missed me?? No?? Yes?? Hmmm.., well I missed cooking for sure.., and what I'm publishing has been lying in my drafts for over a year now.., Long time eh?? So Pongal has been a favorite morning meal of mine.., teamed along with Medu-Vada-Sambar.., it surely works magic in the tummy.., I aint wasting any more time.., here comes the recipe.., Happy reading!! And guys.., I'M BACK!!!!

Pongal

Serves: 2
Preparation Time: 40 minutes

Ingredients:

1 cup Rice

1 cup Moong dal

6 cups Water

3 Green Chillies

¼ inch Ginger

2 tsp. Ghee

1 tsp. Whole black pepper

1 tsp. Cumin seeds

Turmeric powder - a pinch

10 - 15 Cashew nuts

Curry leaves


Method:

Mix 1 cup rice and 1 cup moong dal .Add 3 times water (6 cups) and steam until it is over cooked. Cut 3 green chillies and 1/4 inch ginger into fine pieces. Take 2 tsp ghee in a frying pan and add 1 tsp whole black peppers, and 1 tsp cumin seeds. When the peppers burst add chillies, ginger pieces and a pinch of turmeric powder. Add cashew nuts and remove the pan when the cashews are roasted and begin to smell. Add this to cooked dal-rice mix. Add 1/2 tsp. salt, a sprig of curry leaves and mix well. Add some ghee while serving.

No comments:

Search This Blog